Before integrating with SmartThings, please make sure that:
- All of your Gears have been configured and put into Smart Home Mode.
- You have the SmartThings Classic app installed.
- Your SmartThings hub has been set up via the SmartThings smartphone app.
All set? Let's begin! 😎
1. Create a SmartThings Developer Account here.
- Please note that you should use the same email as the one you used to set up your SmartThings hub.
2. Go to the SmartThings Classic app and click on Add A Thing.
3. Press the Pair button on Gear. After pairing is complete, Gear's Touch Strip will flash Green twice.
- If Gear appears as a "Thing", tap on Rename to change its name to whatever you would like. Move onto the next step.
- If Gear does not appear OR if you would like to add multiple Gears, repeat Steps 2-3!
4. Log in to developer.smartthings.com with the account created in Step 1.
5. Go to My Locations. Then click on your Hub's location (e.g. Home) and then click on your hub to verify that it is online.
- Not doing this may result in the hubs or Gear(s) not appearing visible.
6. Make sure that your Hub has (ACTIVE) next to it.
7. Click on My Device Handlers in the top menu. Then click on +Create New Device Handler.
8. Click on From Code tab. Paste the code from the TXT file attached below (AXIS Gear-v3 Device Handler.txt). Then Click Create.
9. Click on Simulator. Then select the Hub's location (e.g. Home) and click on Set Location. After that, under Preferences select the first Gear that is paired to the SmartThings hub followed Install.
- If you have additional Gears that you would like to connect, click on Preferences to reveal the additional Gears, and select the next one to connect, and click Update.
10. Done - you should now be able to control all of your Gears through the SmartThings Classic app!